One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stream of electrons in a gas or vacuum.
- ‘Now we may be witnessing yet another radical reduction in size following the construction of an electron beam that measures just a few atoms across.’
- ‘The electron beam starts at the top-left of the screen and magnetic fields are used to ‘sweep’ this beam across the screen in parallel horizontal lines (if you look closely at a tv screen you can see these lines).’
- ‘Finally we stained the sample, attaching heavy-metal ions to increase its electron density in the electron beam.’
- ‘This random emission of photons leaves the resulting electron beam with a fuzzy, rather than a sharply defined focus.’
- ‘In the space between the flat type screen and the back electrode, linear cathodes and an electrode unit including an electron beam extracting electrode are arranged.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.