One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of biological specimens) allowing the passage of few electrons, and so appearing dark in electron micrographs.
- ‘To exclude this possible interference, we used another transmission EM method that is based on the direct covalent labeling of plasmid DNA with electron-dense gold nanoparticles.’
- ‘The epithelial cells contained oval nuclei with focally clumped chromatin and one electron-dense nucleolus.’
- ‘In the mutant clone, numerous electron-dense bodies were observed that are likely to be the remnants of degenerating rhabdomeres.’
- ‘The acinar cells show characteristic cytoplasmic, membrane-bound, electron-dense granules that are smaller and more variable in size than the granules of normal serous cells.’
- ‘Cytoplasmic electron-dense granules, granular endoplasmic reticulum, and some Golgi complexes were present in both spindle and epithelial cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.