One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The recording of the electrical activity of muscle tissue, or its representation as a visual display or audible signal, using electrodes attached to the skin or inserted into the muscle.
- ‘Electrodiagnostic assessments such as needle electromyography and nerve conduction studies are useful in differentiating peripheral neuropathy from radiculopathy or myopathy.’
- ‘However, the use of ultrasonography, electromyography, thermography, and muscle biopsy has been studied.’
- ‘Large adults of such species might afford the opportunity to use electromyography to study the activity of head muscles during feeding in these snakes.’
- ‘During each leg press, they measured muscle activity of the vastus medialis and the vastus lateralis by attaching electromyography electrodes to each muscle.’
- ‘However, these tests are not as diagnostic as electromyography or muscle biopsy.’
- ‘Provisional arrangements had been made for electromyography and muscle biopsy, in case she had polymyositis.’
- ‘Laryngeal studies that can have both diagnostic and prognostic value include laryngeal videostroboscopy, laryngeal electromyography, and acoustic and aerodynamic measurements of laryngeal function.’
- ‘In conditions with very localised muscle overactivity in delicate places, such as strabismus, the injections are usually guided by electromyography.’
- ‘In some cases, nerve conduction velocities and electromyography may be used to confirm the diagnosis if treatment for presumptive neuropathic heel pain fails to improve symptoms.’
- ‘In the segmental disorders, they are useful in determining muscle wasting, fatty infiltration, and in the selective involvement of muscle groups for muscle biopsy and electromyography sites.’
- ‘The technique of electromyography, the recording of electrical activity in active muscles, provided this link and remains an integral component of the contemporary functional morphologist's toolbox.’
- ‘The ‘real’ resting of the respiratory muscles may be assessed by invasive evaluation of the respiratory muscle pressures or by electromyography.’
- ‘Nerve conduction studies and electromyography showed a pattern consistent with an axonal peripheral neuropathy, severe in the lower extremities and minimal in the upper extremities.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.