A record or display produced by electromyography.
- ‘Controversy arises because an electromyogram often cannot detect increased resting muscle tension in patients diagnosed with tension-type headache.’
- ‘Which of the following is the most likely cause of the findings displayed with arrows in the right and left leg electromyograms (EMGs)?’
- ‘Sensitivity can be improved by using a multipolar esophageal electrode to record the amplitude of the diaphragmatic electromyogram elicited by phrenic nerve stimulation.’
- ‘Shivering was recorded by using both an electromyogram and a 4-point observational scale.’
- ‘A normal electromyogram suggests that a patient will not develop respiratory failure.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.