One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A record or display produced by electromyography.
- ‘A normal electromyogram suggests that a patient will not develop respiratory failure.’
- ‘Sensitivity can be improved by using a multipolar esophageal electrode to record the amplitude of the diaphragmatic electromyogram elicited by phrenic nerve stimulation.’
- ‘Controversy arises because an electromyogram often cannot detect increased resting muscle tension in patients diagnosed with tension-type headache.’
- ‘Shivering was recorded by using both an electromyogram and a 4-point observational scale.’
- ‘Which of the following is the most likely cause of the findings displayed with arrows in the right and left leg electromyograms (EMGs)?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.