One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A difference in potential that tends to give rise to an electric current.
- ‘The inductance of the loop is going to resist the change in magnetic field within it and an emf will be generated.’
- ‘One can view such structures as miniature circuits: A time-varying magnetic field induces an electromotive force in the plane of the element, driving currents within the conductor.’
- ‘The immune system responds with an opposing behavior, a net electric energy gradient or electromotive force, which is brought about by complicated intracellular processes.’
- ‘When this happens electrons move an electromotive force such as voltage, and in hitting these atoms, also create heat via friction of the electrons and atoms.’
- ‘From the graph, the mean leak conductance and the mean transcellular electromotive force were estimated.’
electromotive force/əˌlektrəˌmōdiv ˈfôrs/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.