One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a mechanical device which is electrically operated.
- ‘The energizable elements can be very small coils or coil sets encased in a computer chip, current-carrying conductors, or small electromechanical devices.’
- ‘We used modified field recordings of soil vibrations from singing males with an electromechanical vibration exciter to simulate the vibration component of a calling song in playback experiments.’
- ‘There are five basic types of automatic and programmable thermostats: electromechanical, digital, hybrid, occupancy, and light sensing.’
- ‘Subsequently, Bush and his colleagues replaced the wheel-and-disc integrators and other mechanical components by electromechanical, and finally by electronic, devices.’
- ‘The new electronic sensor has analogous advantages in comparison with electromechanical sensors.’
- ‘We used an electromechanical oscillator to apply a known vertical oscillation to the rover antenna.’
- ‘Hammond also patented an electromechanical reverb device using the helical tortion of a coiled spring, widely copied in later electronic instruments.’
- ‘It is also a leading partner in the mechanical engineering and the electromechanical industries.’
- ‘Also evident this year are yet more computer-controlled electromechanical devices, many displacing what had historically been all-mechanical or hydraulic systems.’
- ‘Its architecture also has built-in paths to accommodate emerging technologies such as MEMS (micro electromechanical switches).’
- ‘This correspondence supports the hypothesis that high-frequency electrically evoked resonances in the cochlea have origins in OHC electromechanical behavior.’
- ‘Today, electromechanical and computerized devices have given the reproducing piano a new lease of life.’
- ‘As the electric-versus-hydraulic debate rages on, one firm hopes to achieve a consensus opinion with the introduction of a new generation of machines equipped with electromechanical and hydraulic axes.’
- ‘The trend in automotive mechanical and electromechanical components is a move toward synthetic lubricants.’
- ‘The range is the first ever to combine mechanical and electromechanical locking and escape functions in a single device and the first to incorporate high-security hookbolts as standard.’
- ‘Teams are essential for most endeavors, and most certainly for developing what is arguably one of the most complicated electromechanical devices being produced today, the automobile.’
- ‘This device uses an electromechanical clot detection system with chromogenic capabilities for antithrombin measurements.’
- ‘Motors, pumps, and other electromechanical devices are tinier than ever - and getting even smaller.’
- ‘Product groups include passive and electromechanical components, capacitors, resistive products, ferrites, fuses, inductors and filters.’
- ‘The 173-mm-long declutch tube on this electromechanical pump disengages 5-to 100-ml syringes from the unit's transmission.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.