One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of radiation including visible light, radio waves, gamma rays, and X-rays, in which electric and magnetic fields vary simultaneously.
- ‘Gamma radiation is a form of electromagnetic radiation, just like radio waves and visible light, only much more energetic.’
- ‘Visible light is just a small part of a continuum of electromagnetic radiation that extends from radio waves to gamma rays.’
- ‘He says electromagnetic radiation like nuclear radiation is dangerous and is an environmental problem.’
- ‘Gamma rays are electromagnetic radiation originating in the atomic nuclei, physically identical to x-rays.’
- ‘Even though the electron is in constant motion, it does not emit electromagnetic radiation from a stationary state.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.