One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of radiation including visible light, radio waves, gamma rays, and X-rays, in which electric and magnetic fields vary simultaneously.
- ‘Even though the electron is in constant motion, it does not emit electromagnetic radiation from a stationary state.’
- ‘He says electromagnetic radiation like nuclear radiation is dangerous and is an environmental problem.’
- ‘Gamma rays are electromagnetic radiation originating in the atomic nuclei, physically identical to x-rays.’
- ‘Visible light is just a small part of a continuum of electromagnetic radiation that extends from radio waves to gamma rays.’
- ‘Gamma radiation is a form of electromagnetic radiation, just like radio waves and visible light, only much more energetic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.