Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Luminescence produced electrically, especially in a phosphor by the application of a voltage.
- ‘In the darkened second gallery were two book-like works involving electroluminescence or fiber-optic light.’
- ‘These electroluminescence immunoassays have an analytical sensitivity of 0.01 ng/mL for cTnT.’
- ‘The electroluminescence wavelength is 650 to 660 nm and describes the maximum emission at the wafer center.’
- ‘Much of the research into red OLEDs has been directed toward overcoming concentration-quenching problems, a decrease in electroluminescence that can occur at dopant concentrations as low as 2%.’
- ‘The first polymer to exhibit electroluminescence was poly p-phenylene vinylene.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.