One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Producing a change in the electrical potential of a cell.
- ‘Periplasmic release through a narrow channel in subunit-a as well as cytoplasmic uptake through a channel formed by tightly packed c-subunits are plausible candidates for an electrogenic reaction.’
- ‘One possible, straightforward interpretation of these results would be that the current rising phase is related to electrogenic chloride binding from the extracellular side induced by GABA to the transporter.’
- ‘The following data on the electric conductance of F 0 were obtained in the presence of myxothiazol, to avoid the complications caused by the electrogenic and proton pumping activity of bc 1.’
- ‘Because the pump transfers electrical charge in this way, it is said to be electrogenic.’
- ‘As far as is known, 4 - Cl-IAA has never been examined for its ability to regulate electrogenic activity of the cell.’
- ‘The sodium-bicarbonate cotransporter carries sodium with bicarbonate in an electrogenic mode.’
- ‘Current changes due to electrogenic Na + Ca2 + exchange activity were first demonstrated in amphibian retinal rod outer segments, and later in cardiac myocytes.’
- ‘Halorhodopsin, an electrogenic light-driven ion pump which belongs to the family of the seven-helical trans-membrane proteins, was discovered in the archaea Halobacterium salinarum.’
- ‘This current reflects the summed contribution of all transmembrane ionic currents as well as electrogenic transport and other secondary transport processes in intracellular compartments.’
- ‘For example, the transport of an added ion could be electrically neutral, resulting in no change in membrane potential, but the accumulation of the ion or a cotransported species then stimulates an electrogenic transport system.’
- ‘Additional relevant information about the electrogenic reactions of transporter proteins can be obtained by comparing the characteristics of these reactions at different transmembrane potentials.’
- ‘It was attributable to the electrogenic reaction in the cytochrome bc 1 complex.’
- ‘In contrast, our data suggest that reactions associated with GABA translocation, although only weakly electrogenic, are fast.’
- ‘The identification of rapid electrogenic steps in the GABA translocating branch of GAT1 is, therefore, one of the major findings of this work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.