One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The measurement of electrical activity in different parts of the brain and the recording of such activity as a visual trace (on paper or on an oscilloscope screen).
- ‘The goal of brain wave biofeedback is to teach people to control their own brain wave patterns using electroencephalography feedback.’
- ‘In October 1999, Ms W underwent a second neurosurgical procedure under local anesthesia with intraoperative electroencephalography.’
- ‘The American Academy of Neurology has published guidelines on the use of electroencephalography to evaluate the occurrence of a first seizure in children.’
- ‘Standard 21-channel electroencephalography was performed on those infants noted to be eligible.’
- ‘Thus it is widely known that you need to request electroencephalography in a patient with ‘funny turns’ in order to prove or exclude epilepsy.’
- ‘Initial investigations, including computed tomography of the brain and 24 hour electroencephalography, gave normal results.’
- ‘Useful clinical investigations for the diagnosis of RS are electroencephalography monitoring and brain magnetic resonance imaging studies.’
- ‘Many different specialties use electroencephalography services.’
- ‘One of these techniques is quantitative electroencephalography imaging, a measure associated with blood flow in the brain.’
- ‘Supportive measures would include video recordings of the events, expert electroencephalography interpretation, and access to tertiary neuroradiology and paediatric neurology services.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.