One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dialysis in which the movement of ions is aided by an electric field applied across the semipermeable membrane.
- ‘Electrodialysis (ED) is used to transport salt ions from one solution through ion-exchange membranes to another solution under the influence of an applied electric potential difference.’
- ‘One possible application of electrodialysis is the desalination of water.’
- ‘Electricity generators are also replacing some of the disinfection and cleansing chemicals by installing systems using ozone, electrodialysis, and reverse osmosis.’
- ‘Research and development is being undertaken on most membrane processes, including reverse osmosis, ultrafiltration, microfiltration, and electrodialysis.’
- ‘The development of electrodialysis provided a cost-effective way to desalt brackish water and spurred considerable interest in this area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.