One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dialysis in which the movement of ions is aided by an electric field applied across the semipermeable membrane.
- ‘The development of electrodialysis provided a cost-effective way to desalt brackish water and spurred considerable interest in this area.’
- ‘Electricity generators are also replacing some of the disinfection and cleansing chemicals by installing systems using ozone, electrodialysis, and reverse osmosis.’
- ‘Electrodialysis (ED) is used to transport salt ions from one solution through ion-exchange membranes to another solution under the influence of an applied electric potential difference.’
- ‘One possible application of electrodialysis is the desalination of water.’
- ‘Research and development is being undertaken on most membrane processes, including reverse osmosis, ultrafiltration, microfiltration, and electrodialysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.