Relating to measurement of the electrical conductivity of the skin, especially as an indicator of someone's emotional responses.
- ‘His early research demonstrated that individuals diagnosed with psychopathy showed diminished electrodermal responding to a conditioned stimulus in anticipation of shock.’
- ‘Evidence for this hypothesis comes from findings on a faster habituation of the electrodermal responses to tones in hypotensives.’
- ‘For an electrodermal response to a sensory stimulus, a rapid increase shortly after the stimulus onset would typically be expected, followed by a slower decrease.’
- ‘This interactive program detects electrodermal responses and performs a parameterization.’
- ‘When a direct current of one volt is applied to the skin with electrodermal screening, electrons and ions propelled by the circuit begin to move through the body.’