One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A modified muscle or nerve cell that generates electricity in the electric organ of certain fishes.
- ‘The electrical organs consist of modified branchial muscle tissues which are highly modified to serve as electrocytes, miniature organic batteries.’
- ‘The electrocyte muscle-type nAChR is composed of two Î1-and one 1 -, Î-, and Î³-subunils, whereas the 2 3 nAChR consists of two Î4-and three 2-subunits in the configuration of.’
- ‘The Torpedo electrocyte model has served to identify the most important components involved in synaptic transmission.’
- ‘The cytoplasm of the electrocyte of Electrophorus electricus possesses a meshwork of 7-nm thick filaments distributed throughout the cell.’
- ‘The nicotinic acetylcholine receptor is a ligand-gated ion channel found in the neuromuscular junction of vertebrates and the electrocytes of electric fish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.