One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The coagulation of blood or other tissues by the local application of an electric current to produce concentrated heat.
- ‘The next line of therapy involves the use of semi-invasive non-surgical modalities including electrocoagulation, sclerotherapy, cryotherapy, photocoagulation, and diathermy.’
- ‘Argon plasma coagulation is a mode of noncontact electrocoagulation that has been increasingly used as an alternative to contact electrocautery and noncontact laser therapy.’
- ‘In control group procedures, electrocoagulation was used to transect small vessels, and knot tying was employed for the superior thyroid vessels, the thyroid vein, and some inferior arterial branches.’
- ‘The major modalities in electrosurgery are electrodesiccation, fulguration, electrocoagulation, and electrosection.’
- ‘Thoracoscopic excision or destruction by electrocoagulation of the T2 and T3 sympathetic ganglia is difficult.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.