One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The measurement of electrical activity in the heart and the recording of such activity as a visual trace (on paper or on an oscilloscope screen), using electrodes placed on the skin of the limbs and chest.
- ‘At study entry we obtained a medical history and did a full neurological and physical examination, including electrocardiography.’
- ‘Although open access echocardiography is now increasingly available, appropriate pre-referral investigations include chest radiography, 12 lead electrocardiography, and renal chemistry.’
- ‘All patients had a physical examination, chest radiography, echocardiography, supine 12 lead electrocardiography, blood pressure measurements, and blood samples taken.’
- ‘An initial diagnostic workup including electrocardiography, chest radiography, transthoracic echocardiography, and measurement of troponins and D-dimer should help differentiate between the three diagnoses.’
- ‘They recommended expeditious evaluation of these patients, including a history, a physical examination, and electrocardiography.’
- ‘After a careful history and examination, electrocardiography and chest radiography are first line investigations.’
- ‘Chest radiography and electrocardiography are useful in the initial evaluation of patients with mitral stenosis.’
- ‘The chest radiography and electrocardiography may be useful in proving alternative diagnoses but rarely are diagnostic of PE.’
- ‘The addition of natriuretic peptide measurements and electrocardiography further increases the accuracy of the diagnosis’
- ‘Chest radiography, electrocardiography, and cranial ultrasonography were normal.’
- ‘Heart rate, oxygen saturation, and blood pressure were recorded by electrocardiography, pulse oximetry, and sphygmomanometry, respectively.’
- ‘Typical indications for paediatric electrocardiography include syncope, exertional symptoms, tachyarrhythmias, bradyarrhythmias, and drug ingestion.’
- ‘Other useful diagnostic tests include electrocardiography, chest radiography, complete blood count, clotting screen and determination of electrolyte and creatinine concentrations.’
- ‘Electrocardiography, stress electrocardiography, echocardiography and cardiac scan with dipyridamole test, as well as carotid Doppler ultrasonography, showed no abnormalities.’
- ‘In the clinical assessment of chest pain, electrocardiography is an essential adjunct to the clinical history and physical examination.’
- ‘A clinical history and examination, 12 lead electrocardiography, and measurement of troponin concentration are the essential diagnostic tools.’
- ‘Physical examination, simple laboratory tests, such as hematocrit, renal function, and electrolytes, and electrocardiography provide incremental information.’
- ‘Chest radiography and electrocardiography also may point at the diagnosis of CHF.’
- ‘Participants received baseline electrocardiography; a medical history and physical examination were obtained; and several depression scales were administered.’
- ‘Parameters that are measured by computerized systems are blood pressure, electrocardiography, heart rate, ventilation, oxygen saturation, oxygen uptake, and carbon dioxide output.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.