Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The thin film of wax which adheres to the face of the electro is removed by placing it upon a wire rack.’
- ‘Leavy suggests that this division of the twenty-five subject electro was to meet the shrinkage of the paper in the sheet.’
- ‘I've also been trying to source Ammonium Ferric Sulphate and Copper Sulphate, for electro etching.’
2A style of dance music with a fast beat and synthesized backing track.
- ‘We were influenced by electro, hip-hop, house music, jazz-funk, reggae, everything really.’
- ‘But in and around the unforgiving techno and electro beats, electronic sounds swirl unpredictably.’
- ‘The first three songs are obviously meant for the dance floor, but as you get further into the record, the songs have more of an electro pop feel.’
- ‘Where the first half of the show wore out the electro template, the second is suffused with the spirit of second-rate indie-rock.’
- ‘Do the ironic participants in the electro revival freak you out?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.