One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who installs and maintains electrical equipment.
- ‘The shorter working week is in line with conditions of electricians at every other electrical contractor throughout the state.’
- ‘You may need a licensed electrician to install the circuit for an exterior location.’
- ‘An electrician wired them for low-voltage bulbs and linked them on timers so they go on at dusk.’
- ‘On the recommendation of a friend I hired an electrician to do rewiring in my office.’
- ‘The discovery was made by an electrician engaged in rewiring.’
- ‘You may need to call in an electrician or a plumber to rearrange some wires or pipes if you cannot do this yourself.’
- ‘Here huge numbers of smart plumbers, electricians and engineers are needed, but construction companies cannot get enough qualified people.’
- ‘Members also discussed tenders from electricians to commission and install Christmas lights for 2005.’
- ‘If not, you will have to have an electrician install a new, larger circuit box or a secondary box.’
- ‘A number of local electricians did all the electrical work in the new sports hall in a few hours on Saturday morning last.’
- ‘Usually, they are not plumbers or electricians and consequently lack the esoteric knowledge common to those trades.’
- ‘Today we finally had the electricians in to rewire the bedroom so I couldn't do any more work in there.’
- ‘Mechanics, electricians, and drafters are another 5 to 10 percent of the employees.’
- ‘If your premises doesn't have one already you will need to get a competent electrician to install one first.’
- ‘The union represents electricians, plumbers, cooks and maintenance staff and says the planned strike is the latest step in a long-running pay row.’
- ‘Experienced stage technicians and electricians are on call to make sure every detail of the mockup is expertly installed.’
- ‘Both my basement and kitchen were recently renovated, with the electrical work done by electricians.’
- ‘Plumbers and electricians working on construction sites in Queensland will strike for two weeks starting February 26.’
- ‘Overseeing a crew of 40-odd plumbers, carpenters, electricians and sculptors, he says it cost far more than was warranted.’
- ‘Plumbers and electricians already have to be licensed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.