One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
By means of electricity.‘electrically charged particles’‘electrically operated doors’
- ‘In a first step, we searched through various substances able to electrically insulate the electrodes.’
- ‘Most New York buildings have their water pumped electrically from roof tanks.’
- ‘The electrically conductive end cap is electrically and mechanically connected to a conductive, circular spring.’
- ‘The pages are covered by electronic ink the tiny particles of which may move when charged electrically.’
- ‘Electrically adjustable windshields tilt to direct the wind or to channel the rain.’
- ‘Equipment is suspended from an electrically powered overhead rail.’
- ‘The aim is to design a package the size of a mobile phone that will run on batteries, and to electrically stimulate the patient's own muscles.’
- ‘The company's electrically conductive adhesive can bond electrical components that could be damaged by a hot solder.’
- ‘This position is also electrically controlled, so the engines kept running.’
- ‘The cave is lighted electrically, powered by a diesel generator at the entrance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.