Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for arc furnace
- ‘The plant 40 miles west of Philadelphia produces plate products from scrap in an electric-arc furnace.’
- ‘Temperatures inside an electric arc furnace can rise to 1,800 degrees Celsius.’
- ‘A Georgia company has received three new orders for the installation of its patented Chemical Energy Systems for electric-arc furnaces.’
- ‘The modern electric arc furnace typically makes 150 tonnes in each melt, which takes around 90 minutes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.