Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for arc furnace
- ‘A Georgia company has received three new orders for the installation of its patented Chemical Energy Systems for electric-arc furnaces.’
- ‘The plant 40 miles west of Philadelphia produces plate products from scrap in an electric-arc furnace.’
- ‘The modern electric arc furnace typically makes 150 tonnes in each melt, which takes around 90 minutes.’
- ‘Temperatures inside an electric arc furnace can rise to 1,800 degrees Celsius.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.