One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Surgeons often electively repair abdominal aortic aneurysms that measure 4 to 5.5 cm in diameter even though the long-term survival benefit of early elective surgery is uncertain.’
- ‘Adequate preoperative planning, scheduling surgery electively as opposed to emergency and improving nutritional status may be helpful.’
- ‘The patient was taken electively to the operating room where a 7.5 cm x 5 cm x 4 cm hard, nodular tumor mass was resected from the neck and anterior mediastinum.’
- ‘Potentially curative resection was achieved in about 70% of patients presenting electively; the curative resection rate was lower in those presenting as emergencies.’
- ‘I seek leave to table information from the Health Information Service that shows that the number of people treated electively has gone up from 68,000 in 2001 to 114,000 in 2004.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.