One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I seek leave to table information from the Health Information Service that shows that the number of people treated electively has gone up from 68,000 in 2001 to 114,000 in 2004.’
- ‘Adequate preoperative planning, scheduling surgery electively as opposed to emergency and improving nutritional status may be helpful.’
- ‘The patient was taken electively to the operating room where a 7.5 cm x 5 cm x 4 cm hard, nodular tumor mass was resected from the neck and anterior mediastinum.’
- ‘Potentially curative resection was achieved in about 70% of patients presenting electively; the curative resection rate was lower in those presenting as emergencies.’
- ‘Surgeons often electively repair abdominal aortic aneurysms that measure 4 to 5.5 cm in diameter even though the long-term survival benefit of early elective surgery is uncertain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.