One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I seek leave to table information from the Health Information Service that shows that the number of people treated electively has gone up from 68,000 in 2001 to 114,000 in 2004.’
- ‘Surgeons often electively repair abdominal aortic aneurysms that measure 4 to 5.5 cm in diameter even though the long-term survival benefit of early elective surgery is uncertain.’
- ‘Potentially curative resection was achieved in about 70% of patients presenting electively; the curative resection rate was lower in those presenting as emergencies.’
- ‘The patient was taken electively to the operating room where a 7.5 cm x 5 cm x 4 cm hard, nodular tumor mass was resected from the neck and anterior mediastinum.’
- ‘Adequate preoperative planning, scheduling surgery electively as opposed to emergency and improving nutritional status may be helpful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.