One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Care of people who are elderly or infirm, provided by residential institutions, by paid daily help in the home, or by family members.
- ‘Overall, by using a large national sample of employed eldercare providers across many job categories, the present research adds strength and generalizability to the topics explored.’
- ‘Perhaps women have a stronger need for emotional support from a supervisor or a greater fear that they will be negatively judged by their supervisor for any interference with work due to their eldercare responsibilities.’
- ‘Labor will be concentrated on eldercare services.’
- ‘Some companies have also begun to provide other services, including emergency eldercare and company-supported eldercare centers.’
- ‘Women are incredibly disadvantaged when they perform traditionally female work - childcare, housework, eldercare - unpaid within families.’
- ‘Although the vast majority of contemporary couples have dual incomes, women carry a disproportionate amount of the burden of homemaking, childcare, and eldercare.’
- ‘This course is free of charge to women and full bursaries are available to cover childcare, eldercare and travel costs.’
- ‘Freedman is co-chair of the state Personal Financial Planning Committee, and is a frequent speaker on eldercare topics.’
- ‘Therefore, they have to mix and match their schedules to attend to children, eldercare, and community responsibilities.’
- ‘Furthermore, the type of eldercare generally needed includes hands-on tasks such as providing transportation and going shopping rather than assisting with financial needs that might be more readily handled remotely.’
- ‘In the current eldercare crisis, our organisation offers a profoundly low-cost template: I raised half of our operating costs with two phone calls.’
- ‘Families are wondering whether they can keep up this pace and still attend to their children and eldercare needs over time.’
- ‘Total time spent providing eldercare represents the summation of time spent providing personal care and time spent providing other care.’
- ‘More specific to eldercare, Smith et al. found organizational support to be a direct predictor of work interference with eldercare.’
- ‘Family variables or characteristics of the caregiver, anticipated to influence work-family conflict include time spent providing eldercare per week, marital status, and gender.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.