One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ratio of the force exerted upon a substance or body to the resultant deformation.
- ‘The advantage of the new approach is that the elastic modulus associated with shear waves varies greatly between different types of tissue.’
- ‘With this nanometer-scale indenter, a dynamic elastic modulus of 0.021 MPa was obtained.’
- ‘But like the body waves, surface waves give ratios of elastic moduli to density.’
- ‘A linear statics analysis, for example, will require an elastic modulus, Poisson's ratio and perhaps a density for each material.’
- ‘The instantaneous and equilibrium elastic moduli and the apparent viscosity of the cell were significantly decreased by hypoosmotic stress, but were unchanged by hyperosmotic stress.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.