Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A vector that when operated on by a given operator gives a scalar multiple of itself.
- ‘In a very natural way, concepts of linear algebra, including eigenvalues and eigenvectors, appear.’
- ‘Then they sorted the eigenvectors according to the eigenvalues and divided them into three subsets.’
- ‘Eigenvalues and eigenvectors were computed by Jacobi rotation.’
- ‘From the calculated eigenfrequencies and eigenvectors, statistical measures of motion can be derived.’
- ‘In this paper we prove that every square matrix with complex coefficients has an eigenvector.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.