One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of a set of independent functions which are the solutions to a given differential equation.
- ‘In these papers a special role is played by expansions in terms of the eigenfunctions of linear differential operators.’
- ‘In those cases, we see two eigenfunctions with approximately the same statistical wavelength and usually with similar eigenvalues and relative spectral power.’
- ‘From 1939 Titchmarsh concentrated on the theory of series expansions of eigenfunctions of differential equations, work which helped to resolve problems in quantum mechanics.’
- ‘In this thesis he studied the representation of arbitrary functions by the eigenfunctions of partial differential equations and other given sets of functions.’
- ‘Within the next three years Stone published 10 more papers on various aspects of the theory of orthogonal expansions, especially expansions in terms of eigenfunctions of linear differential equations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.