One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of the language, history, and civilization of ancient Egypt.
- ‘His doctorate is in archaeology; his extensive knowledge and scholarly expertise in Egyptology is evident and informative throughout this commentary.’
- ‘However, there were several outstanding scholars in Egyptology, Indology, and Celtic languages and cultures.’
- ‘The beautiful objects represented the golden age of the Ancient Egyptian empire and the greatest find in the history of Egyptology, and as a consequence tourists flocked to Egypt.’
- ‘But after two years studying law at St Andrew's University Angela realised life as a solicitor was not for her and transferred to her home city of Liverpool to study Egyptology with French and Prehistoric Archaeology.’
- ‘Folklore, biblical tradition, Egyptology, African history, and lore combine to inform her creative voice.’
- ‘Whatever happens, one way or another, I shall carry on studying Egyptology for the rest of my life using the knowledge I have gained.’
- ‘This was the first, and to date the finest royal tomb found virtually intact in the history of Egyptology.’
- ‘At least Reed expresses an admiration for African culture, especially Egyptology and African-based voodoo.’
- ‘He studied Egyptology and archaeology at Charles University, Prague.’
- ‘It created a fascination for Egyptology and for a pharaoh who died as a teenager.’
- ‘Joyce studied Egyptology and archaeology at Liverpool University and Oxford, where she met fellow student Steven.’
- ‘The book has much to offer newcomers to the field of Egyptology, from a history of the discipline in America to an instructive and accessible assessment of Egyptian visual culture.’
- ‘It will also house a fully-computerised information centre for Egyptologists and a training centre where short courses on Egyptology will be given to museum curators and conservationists.’
- ‘With no supporting written evidence of the civilisation he described, archaeology - a relatively recent science with origins in Egyptology - became the key to unlocking the truth of this ancient past.’
- ‘But the discovery of Tut's tomb is still probably the most romantic and mysterious episode in the history of Egyptology.’
- ‘He was treasurer of the Prehistoric Society between 1947 and 1970, and had many other interests - folklore, music, place-name studies, Egyptology, and coins.’
- ‘My father was an architectural historian, so I was pulled into archaeology and an obsession with Egyptology very early.’
- ‘I'd like to have studied Egyptology, but I don't know how I would have applied it to the real world.’
- ‘The museum, owned by the University of Manchester, is one of the largest regional institutions of its kind, with international collections, particularly in Egyptology and natural history, and about six million exhibits.’
- ‘Mrs Lucas married her husband, the chief of navigation with the Suez Canal Company, in Egypt, where she became fascinated with Egyptology and Egyptian art and began to paint miniatures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.