One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘That is not to lessen the egregiousness or unacceptability of such behaviors.’
- ‘The Times had its several pomposities and egregiousness.’
- ‘We hardly recognize the egregiousness of insults like this when they most urgently need to be remembered.’
- ‘The English dub is awful, of course, but since 99% of all anime is served up this way in North America, it becomes increasingly difficult to put red marks on a disc for this egregiousness.’
- ‘But today the egregiousness threshold has been lowered and the ecumenical etiquette bar has been raised, so one withholds both consent and dissent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.