One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We hardly recognize the egregiousness of insults like this when they most urgently need to be remembered.’
- ‘But today the egregiousness threshold has been lowered and the ecumenical etiquette bar has been raised, so one withholds both consent and dissent.’
- ‘That is not to lessen the egregiousness or unacceptability of such behaviors.’
- ‘The English dub is awful, of course, but since 99% of all anime is served up this way in North America, it becomes increasingly difficult to put red marks on a disc for this egregiousness.’
- ‘The Times had its several pomposities and egregiousness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.