One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is excessively conceited or self-absorbed; self-seeker.‘he is a self-absorbed egotist’
self-seeker, egocentric, egomaniac, self admirer, narcissistView synonyms
- ‘He is never an egotist on the pitch and that's important.’
- ‘From such a steely egotist one can expect little else.’
- ‘But egotists are hardly a new arrival in politics.’
- ‘He was at one moment a generous supporter of his fellow artists and at an another an egotist with a patronizing attitude toward those of lesser reputation.’
- ‘To be a strong director, do you have to be an egotist?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.