One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We do not need to assume anything as strong as the claim that we are all dedicated, grasping, egoists to see this.’
- ‘I'm a bit of an egoist, so I like to have control over everything.’
- ‘He was enough of an egoist, too, to fall captive to his own powers of persuasion.’
- ‘I gave up last year when I realised that they were a bunch of dull egoists.’
- ‘‘They're all egoists, they only care about themselves,’ said Guy, a security guard who wouldn't give his surname.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.