One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As people will tend to obsess or view information egocentrically, how objective one's perspective is on this recently conceived information helps apply it to whatever it may be at hand.’
- ‘Because they view themselves and others so critically, they egocentrically believe that others are viewing them critically as well.’
- ‘‘Because we know we're trying to be sarcastic or funny, we egocentrically assume our audience will, as well,’ he says.’
- ‘So if God is the big center, and then God tells you - through a priest, through a scripture, through a dogma - that the infidel must be destroyed, then you'll obey, and you'll act just as egocentrically as you project that God is.’
- ‘It is my hope that people will learn valuable lessons, calculate less for self-interest, and think less egocentrically, with more humanitarian considerations, so that separated families in all parts of the world might reunite again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.