One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I had eggy bread with maple syrup and bacon’another term for French toast
- ‘No food in the house except for bread, two eggs, butter. Eggy bread for lunch then!’
- ‘I've been eating eggy bread - of which this is a fancier version - since I was little and this twist on it is a clever way of turning stale bread into a delicious brunch treat.’
- ‘Head here for your full-on Sunday morning fry-up complete with crispy, gooey, eggy bread while Ella Fitzgerald sings sweetly in the background.’
- ‘On top of the traditional full English, the Athole offers options including Craster kippers, eggs benedict or eggy bread, many types of omelette, smoothies and freshly-made buttermilk pancakes with blueberries.’
- ‘My earliest food memory: My mum showing me how to cook eggy bread.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.