Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A protective silken pouch in which a female spider deposits her eggs.
- ‘My favorites are the grass spiders, funnel-web weavers that emerge in spring, pouring dozens at a time from an egg sac produced the previous autumn.’
- ‘Mating trials were repeated every other day until a female produced an egg sac.’
- ‘Eggs are usually deposited in a waterproof egg sac made of silk and deposited in the bottom of the burrow.’
- ‘Redback spiderlings disperse from their natal web by ballooning after emerging from the egg sac.’
- ‘No food was provided during the period when the female carried the egg sac.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.