One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A protective silken pouch in which a female spider deposits her eggs.
- ‘Eggs are usually deposited in a waterproof egg sac made of silk and deposited in the bottom of the burrow.’
- ‘Redback spiderlings disperse from their natal web by ballooning after emerging from the egg sac.’
- ‘No food was provided during the period when the female carried the egg sac.’
- ‘Mating trials were repeated every other day until a female produced an egg sac.’
- ‘My favorites are the grass spiders, funnel-web weavers that emerge in spring, pouring dozens at a time from an egg sac produced the previous autumn.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.