One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A protective silken pouch in which a female spider deposits her eggs.
- ‘My favorites are the grass spiders, funnel-web weavers that emerge in spring, pouring dozens at a time from an egg sac produced the previous autumn.’
- ‘No food was provided during the period when the female carried the egg sac.’
- ‘Mating trials were repeated every other day until a female produced an egg sac.’
- ‘Eggs are usually deposited in a waterproof egg sac made of silk and deposited in the bottom of the burrow.’
- ‘Redback spiderlings disperse from their natal web by ballooning after emerging from the egg sac.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.