One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Chinese-style snack consisting of diced meat or shrimp and shredded vegetables wrapped in a dough made with egg and deep-fried.
- ‘Her dish was served with shrimp fried rice on the side and an egg roll.’
- ‘I handed him an egg roll, rice, and some chicken and broccoli.’
- ‘One of the most popular items on his menu is an egg roll with hemp-seed and vegetable filling.’
- ‘The egg roll stuffed with shredded cabbage, celery, carrot, onion, glass noodles and sprouts deserves an honourable mention.’
- ‘Of course all meals come with a side of rice, chow mien, and your choice of an egg roll or soup.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.