Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A Chinese-style snack consisting of diced meat or shrimp and shredded vegetables wrapped in a dough made with egg and deep-fried.
- ‘One of the most popular items on his menu is an egg roll with hemp-seed and vegetable filling.’
- ‘The egg roll stuffed with shredded cabbage, celery, carrot, onion, glass noodles and sprouts deserves an honourable mention.’
- ‘Of course all meals come with a side of rice, chow mien, and your choice of an egg roll or soup.’
- ‘I handed him an egg roll, rice, and some chicken and broccoli.’
- ‘Her dish was served with shrimp fried rice on the side and an egg roll.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.