One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Chinese-style snack consisting of diced meat or shrimp and shredded vegetables wrapped in a dough made with egg and deep-fried.
- ‘One of the most popular items on his menu is an egg roll with hemp-seed and vegetable filling.’
- ‘Of course all meals come with a side of rice, chow mien, and your choice of an egg roll or soup.’
- ‘Her dish was served with shrimp fried rice on the side and an egg roll.’
- ‘I handed him an egg roll, rice, and some chicken and broccoli.’
- ‘The egg roll stuffed with shredded cabbage, celery, carrot, onion, glass noodles and sprouts deserves an honourable mention.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.