One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drink consisting of milk and soda water, flavored with syrup.
- ‘The egg creams Rachel and I had afterwards at the Howard Johnson's were mighty tasty, though.’
- ‘Even the specials menus, advertising milkshakes, egg creams and the Lakeview's trademark breakfast pizza are still chalked onto the wall.’
- ‘He brought over an egg cream, thinking that she might be enticed into drinking it.’
- ‘Perched on a seat at the counter, you can have an egg cream or a phosphate lemonade, even if you're not old enough to remember sharing one with your high-school sweetheart.’
- ‘And I thought of my father, how he would have liked that appliance shop, and how if he'd been here maybe afterward we'd go to the diner on the corner of Broadway for an egg cream.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.