An Old World snake that swallows birds' eggs. It has weak teeth, and breaks shells with sawlike projections inside the gullet.
- ‘This dove's egg contains all the goodness that the egg eating snake requires to live.’
- ‘The African egg-eating snake is a popular pet in the United States.’
- ‘A fully grown Egg Eater grows to a size of 60-76cm (24-30 inches) in length.’
- ‘But no egg-eaters could eat all of the dinosaurs' eggs; they would eat themselves into extinction if they did (they would have no more food).’
- ‘Predators were rarely sighted, but in one case, a common egg-eater snake was found in a nest, feeding on the eggs.’