One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Old World snake that swallows birds' eggs. It has weak teeth, and breaks shells with sawlike projections inside the gullet.
- ‘Predators were rarely sighted, but in one case, a common egg-eater snake was found in a nest, feeding on the eggs.’
- ‘A fully grown Egg Eater grows to a size of 60-76cm (24-30 inches) in length.’
- ‘But no egg-eaters could eat all of the dinosaurs' eggs; they would eat themselves into extinction if they did (they would have no more food).’
- ‘This dove's egg contains all the goodness that the egg eating snake requires to live.’
- ‘The African egg-eating snake is a popular pet in the United States.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.