Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An Old World snake that swallows birds' eggs. It has weak teeth, and breaks shells with sawlike projections inside the gullet.
- ‘This dove's egg contains all the goodness that the egg eating snake requires to live.’
- ‘The African egg-eating snake is a popular pet in the United States.’
- ‘A fully grown Egg Eater grows to a size of 60-76cm (24-30 inches) in length.’
- ‘But no egg-eaters could eat all of the dinosaurs' eggs; they would eat themselves into extinction if they did (they would have no more food).’
- ‘Predators were rarely sighted, but in one case, a common egg-eater snake was found in a nest, feeding on the eggs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.