One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Whenever she came to the office the same effusiveness she so generously gave to me was also shown to my staff.’
- ‘He is a quietly-spoken individual off the park, not given to effusiveness or hyperbole.’
- ‘Her natural effusiveness and love of writing - she reads about six books at a time - make her an irresistible bookseller.’
- ‘The doctor, who was not known for his effusiveness said simply, ‘You won't have any problems,’ and that was it.’
- ‘She describes her experiences on the film with a sort of breathless effusiveness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.