One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He speaks effusively about his children, his garden, his life-saving triple heart bypass operation in 1992, which ‘changed’ him.’
- ‘Both were seen effusively greeting each other.’
- ‘It is rare that I babble this effusively and uncritically about a movie.’
- ‘By now we're also well versed in the sociability of the canal, greeting fellow boaters effusively and chatting with passers-by at locks, where we are often the main attraction.’
- ‘I thanked her effusively and told her that it was a more thoughtful, suitable gift for me than anything I'd probably get from my own family.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.