One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I thanked her effusively and told her that it was a more thoughtful, suitable gift for me than anything I'd probably get from my own family.’
- ‘Both were seen effusively greeting each other.’
- ‘It is rare that I babble this effusively and uncritically about a movie.’
- ‘He speaks effusively about his children, his garden, his life-saving triple heart bypass operation in 1992, which ‘changed’ him.’
- ‘By now we're also well versed in the sociability of the canal, greeting fellow boaters effusively and chatting with passers-by at locks, where we are often the main attraction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.