One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An agent that brings a thing into being or initiates a change.
- ‘Aristotle, however, does not regard efficient causes as radically different from material and formal causes.’
- ‘However, on a deeper level, there must be an efficient cause to explain why a city-state acquires its constitution in the first place.’
- ‘By contrast, intelligent design as he sees it is about final causes, not efficient causes.’
- ‘It would not surprise many to hear that the professional study of religion was a more efficient cause of secularization than the natural sciences.’
- ‘The agent intellect, according to this explanation, is the intrinsic efficient cause of the soul.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.