Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The degree to which something is successful in producing a desired result; success.‘the effectiveness of the treatment’
success, successfulness, efficacy, productiveness, fruitfulness, potency, powerView synonyms
- ‘What it may lack in song structure it makes up for in real, tangible, effectiveness.’
- ‘Such constraints restrict the effectiveness of all humanitarian interventions.’
- ‘They have been put in place over centuries to protect the effectiveness of the fighting force.’
- ‘Assessments of effectiveness would be done during the period and at the end of the phase.’
- ‘He would argue that their effectiveness depends on the support of major powers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.