One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Entertainment, especially video games, with an educational aspect.
- ‘A variety of fun and interactive displays, exhibits and experiments will turn the venue into an edutainment centre for learners from primary to tertiary level.’
- ‘Thanks to the Mahanaim Foundation - a community service foundation with a mission to educate poor children - and SeaWorld, the underprivileged children were able to visit the aquarium as part of an edutainment program.’
- ‘Death in Rome offers more edutainment from the BBC.’
- ‘Focusing heavily on edutainment, the channel has launched new programmes like ‘How Things Work’ and ‘Things I do’.’
- ‘The edutainment museum will be granted the status of a tourism project by the Department of Tourism, promises the State Government.’
- ‘Establishments already in the area include the Newtown Music Centre and the Sci-Bono Discovery Centre, a large science edutainment centre set to open this year.’
- ‘The company also failed because it jumped on the wrong technological boat, multimedia edutainment for CD-Roms.’
- ‘This edutainment video has a unique blend of comedy and chess instruction, which has never been done before.’
- ‘There is nothing new in Father Christmas, but edutainment - or infotainment - is an American concept steadily establishing itself in this country.’
- ‘Retina is a tool for the creation of interactive spaces, interactive art installations, entertainment and edutainment systems.’
- ‘The museum is holding two one-day edutainment holiday courses in July introducing children to economics, banking basics, the importance of saving and the technology of banking.’
- ‘These toys get an educational message across without the annoying upbeat veneer most kids have come to expect from edutainment toys.’
- ‘For hilarity's sake, there's an edutainment Flash game at the site that lets you try to figure out how the island inhabitants moved these enormous heads around.’
- ‘He added: ‘The series promises a combination of education and entertainment on television - in a word, edutainment.’’
1980s: blend of education and entertainment.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.