One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Intended or serving to educate or enlighten; educational.‘a useful educative tool’
educational, instructive, instructional, informative, informational, illuminating, pedagogic, doctrinal, preceptive, enlightening, edifying, improving, didactic, heuristicView synonyms
- ‘The BBC's attitude was that a ‘broadcasting service which contained no reference to politics could not claim to be a balanced service, or an informative or educative one’.’
- ‘Without the other, the free flow of educative information between the governed and policy makers is drastically affected thereby limiting the prospects of development.’
- ‘My concern is balance and underscoring the educative power of vocational interests.’
- ‘The main function of the accreditation body would be to assess whether clinical establishments comply with set standards, to assist them in upgrading their standards and to play an educative and informative role.’
- ‘It is an informative summary and a useful educative tool, saying all the right things that a beginner needs to know.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.