One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Jargon used by people involved in the field of education.‘the document is filled with educationese’
- ‘The test would be laughed out of the public education realm as hooey but survives in the corporate realm because businesses don't speak educationese and do not know they're being hoodwinked.’
- ‘Schools communicate in educationese or fail to recognize that a newsletter in English will not work for a parent who speaks Vietnamese.’
- ‘Educationese for Beginners is part of the information and resources available on our information pages!’
- ‘They could argue that he cannot offer intellectual ideas on the matter because he is an educationist who speaks educationese.’
- ‘In educationese, these are called "catchment districts", a phrase that resonates of something involving a sewer system.’
- ‘At the school, steps have been taken to ease the difficulty in understanding the educationese that board members and others often have to sift through.’
- ‘Now, with the teacher training industry uncommonly influential, the vast menu of educationese has oozed into the classrooms.’
- ‘Our report wended its way in educationese through various uncontroversial themes, as is typical of all educational curricular reports.’
- ‘While we try to use educationese as little as possible in our stories, it's critical for us to understand to do our jobs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.