One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A branch of psychology that studies children in an educational setting and is concerned with teaching and learning methods, cognitive development, and aptitude assessment.
- ‘It requires much stronger financial and policy support for applied research in education, school psychology and educational psychology.’
- ‘While in the field of educational psychology, empirical studies of primary and secondary school students have shown that effort is a key indicator of academic outcomes, these samples usually contain students at two extremes.’
- ‘Perhaps as educational psychology became more integrated into teacher training and incorporated more complex models of human learning this was reflected in the themes emphasized in teaching books.’
- ‘Textbooks on child development and educational psychology often take Piaget as the starting point for discussing cognitive development.’
- ‘She also teaches educational psychology and second language and literacy development at San Jose State University.’
- ‘While he doesn't consider himself a psychologist, he has actively promoted issues important to educational psychology.’
- ‘Part of a series on the application of educational psychology to the classroom, this book discusses problem-based learning and how to implement it in the classroom.’
- ‘Familiar with developmental and educational psychology and developmental neurobiology, the therapist makes this specialized knowledge intelligible to children, families, and teachers.’
- ‘But the reality is that schools and teachers have to have some skills in educational psychology and they must be able to help develop their students socially.’
- ‘I have spoken with colleagues from school, developmental, child and educational psychology, as well as with leaders in other disciplines.’
- ‘Second, the increased use is concentrated more in applied and educational psychology (especially counselling psychology) than in other domains of psychology.’
- ‘She received her bachelor's from Trinity University in San Antonio and a master's in developmental educational psychology from Louisiana State University.’
- ‘The intervention uses strategies from three disciplines: brain injury rehabilitation, special education and educational psychology, and clinical psychology.’
- ‘Among these were congresses devoted to educational psychology, experimental psychology, and rational psychology.’
- ‘Fellow status is awarded to individuals who have demonstrated outstanding performance in psychology and whose work has had a national impact in educational psychology.’
- ‘This film is an excellent resource for introductory courses on human development and educational psychology.’
- ‘In developmental and educational psychology, for instance, we haven't done this well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.