One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A branch of psychology that studies children in an educational setting and is concerned with teaching and learning methods, cognitive development, and aptitude assessment.
- ‘But the reality is that schools and teachers have to have some skills in educational psychology and they must be able to help develop their students socially.’
- ‘She received her bachelor's from Trinity University in San Antonio and a master's in developmental educational psychology from Louisiana State University.’
- ‘While he doesn't consider himself a psychologist, he has actively promoted issues important to educational psychology.’
- ‘In developmental and educational psychology, for instance, we haven't done this well.’
- ‘Textbooks on child development and educational psychology often take Piaget as the starting point for discussing cognitive development.’
- ‘Familiar with developmental and educational psychology and developmental neurobiology, the therapist makes this specialized knowledge intelligible to children, families, and teachers.’
- ‘Perhaps as educational psychology became more integrated into teacher training and incorporated more complex models of human learning this was reflected in the themes emphasized in teaching books.’
- ‘Second, the increased use is concentrated more in applied and educational psychology (especially counselling psychology) than in other domains of psychology.’
- ‘Among these were congresses devoted to educational psychology, experimental psychology, and rational psychology.’
- ‘Part of a series on the application of educational psychology to the classroom, this book discusses problem-based learning and how to implement it in the classroom.’
- ‘This film is an excellent resource for introductory courses on human development and educational psychology.’
- ‘It requires much stronger financial and policy support for applied research in education, school psychology and educational psychology.’
- ‘Fellow status is awarded to individuals who have demonstrated outstanding performance in psychology and whose work has had a national impact in educational psychology.’
- ‘The intervention uses strategies from three disciplines: brain injury rehabilitation, special education and educational psychology, and clinical psychology.’
- ‘She also teaches educational psychology and second language and literacy development at San Jose State University.’
- ‘While in the field of educational psychology, empirical studies of primary and secondary school students have shown that effort is a key indicator of academic outcomes, these samples usually contain students at two extremes.’
- ‘I have spoken with colleagues from school, developmental, child and educational psychology, as well as with leaders in other disciplines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.