A female editor.→ editress
- ‘The pretentious editrix kept asking him to point out why Target was so déclassé and how they were conning the masses, but all he could say was ‘Don't you get it?’
- ‘After waiting 90 minutes for the show to start, the editrix finally lost her wintry cool.’
- ‘The editrix of British Vogue joined the cream of British womanhood Women Achievers who lunched with Queen Elizabeth on March 11th.’
- ‘The terrorizing managing editrix of the Star, is widely considered toast now that publisher has got the sack.’
- ‘Choosing a fellow jet-setter as an assistant to the icy Vogue editrix is a wise pimp move.’
Early 20th century: from editor + -trix.