Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of text or software) in a format that can be edited by the user.
- ‘But when you download the images they are not editable because if they are in jpg or gif format, you can't make changes.’
- ‘Likewise, exported Fireworks files opened in Photoshop retain editable text, effects, layers and masks.’
- ‘While it would be nice to be able to bring PSD files into Illustrator with editable text, this feature is quite useful all the same.’
- ‘PowerPoint files are editable by anyone else who has PowerPoint installed on their machine.’
- ‘Incoming Photoshop files come with layers intact, including editable text and effects layers, so there are no worries about losing the ability to go back and make changes.’
- ‘Having editable pages means that people can sign up themselves.’
- ‘Notably, version 6.0 now supports editable vector drawing of shapes and text with resolution-independent output.’
- ‘A website administrator will configure editable areas in web pages, so that a user can only edit certain areas of the site, such as particular areas of text content and certain images.’
- ‘The greatest part of this is that the type is still fully editable in the original file.’
- ‘This alleviates the stress of keeping separate editable vector files for your images and offers unlimited access to make changes to the image.’
- ‘To make the video editable, it will be distributed as an MPEG - 4 datastream.’
- ‘I've a feeling document management could get difficult with many files, and I'd like to see templates being editable outside the text form, but both of these are easily added features; the foundations seem sound.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.