Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A room containing equipment for electronically editing video-recorded material.
- ‘But how do I teach a whole class how to use a camera and an edit suite in one lesson per week?’
- ‘Each student will produce a short, simple video, shot on Hi 8 tape and edited to the SVHS format in the off-line edit suite.’
- ‘Equally, almost all music used on TV is dubbed behind or between a voice over and/or sound effects so the simpler the music, the easier it is for this to be done in the edit suite.’
- ‘And you will need a three machine edit suite or a non-linear computer editing system to achieve this.’
- ‘Each edit suite, for example, will have its own storage and delivery requirements, as well as inflow/delivery of media based on the desired operator toolset.’
- ‘Wildwood House conjures up images of an Agatha Christie novel, but the sleek edit suites and studios contained within its walls tell a different story.’
- ‘You got the best view of Sydney skyline from there and the compact office packed with cabins and edit suites seemed to be a cozy place to work.’
- ‘Because of its price point, post facilities could afford to install the same mixing desk in both main rooms and edit suites.’
- ‘Davies has an edit suite at home and cuts together match footage to analyse.’
- ‘One film had gone through the mill of mishaps and survived until it reached the edit suite.’
- ‘Six months on, Frears is in a Soho edit suite, finishing his film - to be released on November 25.’
- ‘I had a really good relationship with the team - they were excellent in the edit suite, and had great things to say.’
- ‘The battlefield provides all the things that make hearts beat just that little bit faster in the edit suite: bewildered children, stories of heroism, evil that makes you weep, triumph over tragedy or just plain tragedy.’
- ‘But we still got very emotional many times in the edit suite.’
- ‘For all that, the edit suite is the usual tiny room full of television screens, where every day hour upon hour of raw footage is reduced to a 30-minute package.’
- ‘The production and broadcast complex currently houses an on-air studio and control room, 10 edit suites and a number of news-preparation workstations.’
- ‘‘I promise,’ Adele nodded and Gus squeezed her shoulder before heading into the edit suite babbling about footage of refugees.’
- ‘Taking wing on a flight of fancy for just a moment, there may even come a day when footage will be shot and edited entirely on-board the camera, cutting out the edit suite altogether.’
- ‘This is great for freelancers and the industry in general as productions can be completed at more competitive rates and the huge investment in both camera gear and edit suites doesn't break the bank like it used to.’
- ‘As I was leaving, the staff told me my chores for the next morning - not suspecting I would be in the edit suite at Small World Productions instead, assembling evidence of cruelty and incompetence.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.