One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electrical connector with a row of contacts, fitted to the edge of a printed circuit board to facilitate connection to external circuits.
- ‘There is a fix for hardware-hitting applications that involves the use of a PCI card with a ribbon cable connecting it to the edge connector on an A1200.’
- ‘The edge connector is keyed, so you can't install it the wrong way.’
- ‘All pots, transformers and circuit board edge connectors mount to an internal subframe assembly.’
- ‘The power/ground layers on the upper substrate can be connected to the power/ground layers on the lower substrate by suitable edge connectors.’
- ‘The board takes the signals from the pins of the CPU and carries them (via some support circuitry) to the gold edge connector, and hence to your motherboard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.