One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electrical connector with a row of contacts, fitted to the edge of a printed circuit board to facilitate connection to external circuits.
- ‘All pots, transformers and circuit board edge connectors mount to an internal subframe assembly.’
- ‘The board takes the signals from the pins of the CPU and carries them (via some support circuitry) to the gold edge connector, and hence to your motherboard.’
- ‘There is a fix for hardware-hitting applications that involves the use of a PCI card with a ribbon cable connecting it to the edge connector on an A1200.’
- ‘The edge connector is keyed, so you can't install it the wrong way.’
- ‘The power/ground layers on the upper substrate can be connected to the power/ground layers on the lower substrate by suitable edge connectors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.