Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An electrical connector with a row of contacts, fitted to the edge of a printed circuit board to facilitate connection to external circuits.
- ‘There is a fix for hardware-hitting applications that involves the use of a PCI card with a ribbon cable connecting it to the edge connector on an A1200.’
- ‘All pots, transformers and circuit board edge connectors mount to an internal subframe assembly.’
- ‘The board takes the signals from the pins of the CPU and carries them (via some support circuitry) to the gold edge connector, and hence to your motherboard.’
- ‘The power/ground layers on the upper substrate can be connected to the power/ground layers on the lower substrate by suitable edge connectors.’
- ‘The edge connector is keyed, so you can't install it the wrong way.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.