One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dish of green soybeans boiled or steamed in their pods.
- ‘But except for edamame and some especially delectable kimchi, pork pervades all.’
- ‘All soybeans, including edamame, are legumes that host beneficial nitrogen-fixing bacteria on their roots.’
- ‘She demanded edamame immediately and got them.’
- ‘So anyway she suggested that we share edamame, which we did.’
- ‘Add edamame and sauté until glazed; season to taste with salt and white pepper.’
- ‘The snobbery began, I suspect, with sun-dried tomatoes, and has now arrived - via shaved truffles and edamame - at a point where the search for the rare and the downright impossible-to-get has become the foundation of menu-building.’
- ‘Members receive a three-quarter bushel produce box each week, filled with everything from garlic flowers, kohlrabi and strawberries to edamame, muskmelon and sweet corn.’
- ‘We had saki, edamame (I almost choked on one), some kind of shrimp dumpling, and then I ordered this sushi platter.’
- ‘Add 1 cup of frozen shelled edamame and continue to boil for 5 minutes.’
- ‘After that came two ravioli, one stuffed with flat-tasting Japanese edamame, the other with a mixture of ginger and chives.’
- ‘Try quinoa instead of rice, use tempeh in stir-fries, snack on edamame and peanuts, and add kidney beans to green, leafy salads.’
- ‘Add the asparagus, edamame, and squash and sauté for three minutes.’
- ‘Hard-shell lobster is seductively aromatic, accompanied by taro, edamame, and Riesling.’
- ‘My favorite side so far is corn orzo, a simple warm salad of rice-shaped pasta, edamame and corn.’
- ‘The edamame was hot and steamy rather than puritanically cold and clammy.’
- ‘Put yourself in the hands of these masters and enjoy a leisurely meal featuring edamame, seaweed salad and delicate fresh soba noodles in broth while enjoying quiet conversation with your guests.’
- ‘His recipes for miso soup with fennel and ginger, sweet scallops set off by tangy grapefruit, and casual pasta salad with mushrooms, edamame, and radicchio may inspire you to combine his unique flavors in your kitchen.’
- ‘Soy is available in a variety of forms, including tofu, edamame, miso and tempeh.’
- ‘Soybeans, such as edamame, are pretty strong cancer fighters, she said.’
- ‘At Rue 57, a bustling midtown Manhattan French bistro, along with the hard-boiled eggs displayed on the bar for snacking are salted edamame, a perfect bar nibble.’
Japanese, literally ‘beans on a branch’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.