One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dish of green soybeans boiled or steamed in their pods.
- ‘His recipes for miso soup with fennel and ginger, sweet scallops set off by tangy grapefruit, and casual pasta salad with mushrooms, edamame, and radicchio may inspire you to combine his unique flavors in your kitchen.’
- ‘Hard-shell lobster is seductively aromatic, accompanied by taro, edamame, and Riesling.’
- ‘The snobbery began, I suspect, with sun-dried tomatoes, and has now arrived - via shaved truffles and edamame - at a point where the search for the rare and the downright impossible-to-get has become the foundation of menu-building.’
- ‘The edamame was hot and steamy rather than puritanically cold and clammy.’
- ‘Try quinoa instead of rice, use tempeh in stir-fries, snack on edamame and peanuts, and add kidney beans to green, leafy salads.’
- ‘After that came two ravioli, one stuffed with flat-tasting Japanese edamame, the other with a mixture of ginger and chives.’
- ‘Soy is available in a variety of forms, including tofu, edamame, miso and tempeh.’
- ‘Put yourself in the hands of these masters and enjoy a leisurely meal featuring edamame, seaweed salad and delicate fresh soba noodles in broth while enjoying quiet conversation with your guests.’
- ‘All soybeans, including edamame, are legumes that host beneficial nitrogen-fixing bacteria on their roots.’
- ‘Soybeans, such as edamame, are pretty strong cancer fighters, she said.’
- ‘But except for edamame and some especially delectable kimchi, pork pervades all.’
- ‘Members receive a three-quarter bushel produce box each week, filled with everything from garlic flowers, kohlrabi and strawberries to edamame, muskmelon and sweet corn.’
- ‘At Rue 57, a bustling midtown Manhattan French bistro, along with the hard-boiled eggs displayed on the bar for snacking are salted edamame, a perfect bar nibble.’
- ‘Add the asparagus, edamame, and squash and sauté for three minutes.’
- ‘We had saki, edamame (I almost choked on one), some kind of shrimp dumpling, and then I ordered this sushi platter.’
- ‘Add edamame and sauté until glazed; season to taste with salt and white pepper.’
- ‘So anyway she suggested that we share edamame, which we did.’
- ‘My favorite side so far is corn orzo, a simple warm salad of rice-shaped pasta, edamame and corn.’
- ‘Add 1 cup of frozen shelled edamame and continue to boil for 5 minutes.’
- ‘She demanded edamame immediately and got them.’
Japanese, literally ‘beans on a branch’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.