One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A title of the Orthodox Patriarch of Constantinople.
- ‘The Ecumenical Patriarch (of Constantinople) holds a position of special honor but does not have the right to interfere in the internal affairs of other churches.’
- ‘Now, over 500 years later, the Ecumenical Patriarch of the whole Greek Church continues to be based in Istanbul.’
- ‘The Ecumenical Patriarch generously prepared this article as a special blessing for this issue.’
- ‘Never mind that their own spiritual leader, Bartholomeus, Ecumenical Patriarch of the Eastern Orthodox Church, had chided them for opposing the Pope's pilgrimage.’
- ‘Rome's refusal to acknowledge the bishop of Constantinople as Ecumenical Patriarch, the subservience of popes to emperors, even the use of unleavened bread in the Eucharist and the discipline of clergy figured more prominently.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.