One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As a result, these animals are able to thrive in environments with cold or highly variable thermal conditions, and in some nocturnal habitats unavailable to ectothermic vertebrates.’
- ‘Many ectothermic species demonstrate behavioral thermoregulation following feeding in an attempt to increase body temperature, thus increasing temperature-dependent rate processes associated with catabolism.’
- ‘A lack of metabolic data has made this association more difficult to assess in most ectothermic vertebrates, and little is known of any possible relationship between genome size and metabolic rate in fishes and reptiles.’
- ‘The temperature at which the eggs of ectothermic vertebrates incubate can influence several phenotypic traits of offspring.’
- ‘Dinosaurs were mostly inertial homeotherms; they were ectothermic but maintained a constant body temperature by growing large.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.