One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A parasite, such as a flea, that lives on the outside of its host.Compare with endoparasite
- ‘Cavity-nesting hosts will often face ectoparasites during reproduction.’
- ‘The negative association between the two ectoparasites suggests that hen fleas could impose selection pressures on the evolution of Protocalliphora life history traits.’
- ‘Several ectoparasite species often infect the same nest, and host responses against one parasite could affect the fitness of other ectoparasites and modify ectoparasite communities.’
- ‘Fifth, we test for correlations between ectoparasites and blood parasites.’
- ‘We measured various indicators of male health and condition, including the intensity of infection from ectoparasites and blood parasites.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.